3 Reasons to Leave a Legacy for Generations

3 Reasons to Leave a Legacy for Generations

- in Life, Money
441
0

Leaving a legacy

Image Credit: morrismatters.com

I wrote in a previous post about how a very small percentage of people all over the world are rich while the majority are middle class or poor. The numbers are about 3% of people are the ones that are wealthy and the other 97% do not do really well financially.

It is not necessarily that the 3% are superior to the majority but only that they think differently and have different priorities. Unfortunately for the greater part of our lives we were taught as grew up with the idea of going to school and studying hard in order to get a safe and secure job for life.

It doesn’t a lot of convincing these days to realize that this way of thinking no longer works given that companies are closing at a faster rate than ever before. It’s in times like these that you need to learn how to create wealth to pass on to your children and future generations.

More importantly than material wealth, however, is leaving a spiritual legacy. That is the best gift you can leave to your children. Their souls are important and they are a gift from God to you for the time they are on this earth. Teach them to love and obey the Lord and to entrust everything about their lives to Him.

In this post we would like to illustrate why it’s important to work on creating a legacy and leaving your dent on the universe:

1. It is Biblical

One of the biggest reasons why the 97% of people are poor is due to negative beliefs about money. A lot of people believe that money is evil which is not true. The Bible says it is the love of money that is the root of all evil (1 Tim 6:10) Also consider the following scripture,

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, but the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.” ~ Proverbs 13:22

Wealth creation is a good thing; that is the truth. Your children and future generations depend on you to be diligent about it so that they have a solid foundation to build upon when you eventually pass on.

2. You Serve More People

I have spoken about the privilege of serving people in previous posts. It attracts great blessings to your life and the people around you. If you want to be great you don’t go about it by throwing your weight around and being demanding of people. You become great by serving and meeting people’s needs.

Most people today are interested in themselves so when you show your interest in what they need they open up and buy into you. Stand out and dare to be different because you are. You are unique and as you use the gifts God has given you to bless others your own life will truly be blessed.

3. People’s opinions keep you mediocre

One of the biggest lessons I learned from my mentors is that if you buy into people’s opinions then you are also buying their lifestyles. Most people are struggling to make ends meet yet they will tell you that money is evil, that your ideas are stupid, etc.

In the process of building wealth carefully consider people’s advice before taking it. Do they have what you want? Not just in terms of material things but also things like attitudes, relationships, desires and values.

You are better off listening to the people that already have the level of success you are looking to achieve yourself. Look to the Lord Almighty for guidance on what you should do with your life and the people that support your ambitions.

 

I hope you have enjoyed this post and gotten value out of it. Remember to share it with friends on social media as well as to leave your comments below. Stay tuned for the next post and until next time,

Be all you can be!

Open modal

About the author

Sija Mafu is an Online Enthusiast, Personal Development Fan, Global Business owner and a Master in The Art of Living. Also as a devout Christian, his vision is to see young people take responsibility for their lives and create bright futures for themselves, their families and society at large.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

4 × 3 =

You may also like

4 Steps to Break from the Past and Into Your Life Purpose

Image credit: pixabay.com There have been times in