On average it is understood that about 3% of the world population live fulfilling live life to the full. It is these people that have become and are doing all that God created them to be. This group of people are ones that we admire for their great achievements in life. The rest of the 97% population are living mediocre lives just getting by. They don’t answer the critical life questions.
Natural human nature makes you think that the 3%ers are people with extraordinary ability compared to the others. In all honesty no one is created better than another person because God created everyone equal. The only difference is that 3%ers have chosen to take responsibility for their own lives to become what God has designed them to be.
The 97%ers have not come to a place where they accept full responsibility for their lives and have a tendency to blame other people or their circumstances. That is the major difference between the two groups of people. Which category do you fall under?
In my own life I have come to a place where I am forced to tackle issues head on to get a breakthrough to the next level of my life. This includes asking myself some powerful life questions and answering them honestly. While it is an uncomfortable process it is necessary to achieve the things that you desire.
If you are ready for a change in your life the following 6 life questions if answered honestly will help you do just that
1. What is one thing you are passionate about achieving?
Having a big desire is important to achieving anything of significance in life. Think about the things you have always wanted to accomplish in life. It may be something you dreamed about as a child but as you grew up life got in the way and distracted you from that desire.
At this point do not base what you are passionate on what you have or do not have. Let your imagination run wild and speak to the deep desires in your heart that God created you to pursue. Your dreams and passions will be different from another person. Whatever your first reaction is write it down.
2. Why don’t you have it yet?
What is it that is stopping you from getting what you just wrote down? This is where most people have a difficult time being honest with themselves. They will blame other people or their circumstances and make excuses for why they don’t have what they want. Is it because of fear, is it procrastination, is it laziness, is it a dream stealer, is it your spouse? If you are to be honest with yourself you know exactly what that it is that is holding you back.
Chances are that you are holding yourself back. The only way you can overcome is first identifying and acknowledging the obstacle that is holding you back. You must be brutally honest with yourself at this point to experience real change to have a chance of getting your breakthrough.
3. What do you need to change to overcome this problem?
Albert Einstein once said, “Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.” If you want to experience real change you must do things differently. What is it that will set in motion the process of transforming your life to a better level than it is right now?
This stage requires you to have a willingness to confront your demons and limitations and overcome them. With many people the issue tends to be fear of failure or fear of what other people will think of them. You must make a decision as to whether you will face your issue and overcome it or ignore it and continue to live a mediocre life.
Visualize how amazing it is going to feel when you achieve what you are passionate about whether it is owning your life, taking your family on holiday around the world, sending your children to the schools you want, etc. On the other hand allow yourself to feel what it will be like to not achieve what you are passionate about. How depressing is it going to be?
What do you need to do that will ensure that you will leave no option for failure so that you win and achieve your desired outcome?
4. What strength do you have in you that will push you through to win?
To win big you need to identify a strength that will elevate you to the next level. Winning big entails serving many people. The more people you serve the more successful you will become in what you are pursuing. It is Zig Ziglar that said, “If you help enough other people get what they want you will get what you want.”
Focus on your areas of strength and not on your weaknesses. A combination of your passion and areas of strength has the power to get you past any obstacle and to live the great life you desire.
Are you brave enough to honestly answer these life questions and are you willing to face your demons and transform your life. Do share with us your thoughts in the comments below.Open modal